The Exports Business Unit operates in a matrix structure, with regional focus across the company’s various product categories.
The Africa team focuses exclusively on exports across the continent of the full product basket of consumer retail products, that is Beverages, Groceries and Essential Foods. Key markets include Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, Angola, DRC, Gabon, Nigeria & Ghana. The Rest of World team focuses on all other markets across the globe, but primarily drives dried fruit ingredients as well as consumer retail beverage exports. Key markets include USA, Canada, the Caribbean, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, UAE, Japan, China, South Korea, Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore and Australia.
With more than 20 years’ experience in the export of both consumer retail as well as dried fruit ingredient products, the teams have a clear understanding of foreign markets and the ability to adapt products to meet specific consumer and legal market requirements. A few key facts about Pioneer Foods’ export operations:
• Ceres is Pioneer Foods’ flagship consumer retail export brand, covering a wide range of fruit juice offerings from 100% juice to premium fruit drinks.
• The Safari range of raisins has become internationally recognised as ingredients of the highest quality. This is thanks to perfect growing conditions in the Northern Cape of South Africa.
• A variety of cereals, baking aids as well as maize and wheat flours are also exported, helping to grow the footprint of key brands, such as Bokomo, Moirs, White Star and Sasko.
• The bulk of exports are distributed from various Western Cape production facilities, due to its close proximity to the port of Cape Town. Through expansion, African markets are also increasingly supplied directly via road from facilities in the Gauteng province.
• The International Division has dedicated resources covering customer management, marketing, logistics, finance and export administration, thus providing a seamless service across the value chain.
• The Group’s focus is to expand globally with unique products, produced in state-of-the-art facilities, to world-class standards.
• Through a strategy to drive market focus, the Group also contract packs in key markets, such as Nigeria, the USA and the Indian Ocean Islands.