The results for the six months ended 31 March 2015 reflect the progress on the strategic delivery of the twin objectives of strengthening brands and expanding margins.
The following key value drivers underpinned the performance:
- Pleasing revenue growth despite price deflation in maize and vine fruit exports
- Power brands share growth
- Maize volume and production efficiency gains
- Step change in Bakeries performance
- Solid contribution from the International business
- Cash operating costs well contained